One huge complaint that I hear when people follow the Paleo diet is the lack of dessert options made available to them. Therefore, they tend to "cheat" or "splurge" once they get a chance. What most people do not realize is that you can absolutely substitute brown, powered, & granulated sugars with natural & raw sugars derived from honey or maple in just about any sweets recipe out there! Just as you may substitute wheat & white flours with coconut & almond flours for a Paleo friendly option.
Here is an amazing Paleo & Vegan friendly chocolate fudge recipe that I love making at Christmas time.
- 1 1/2 cups almond butter
- 1/2 cup cocao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a greased pan evenly.
- Freeze for 3 hours and then slice.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container and keep in the freezer.