Cinco De Mayo is just right around the corner and, if you know me personally, I love hosting a party for just about every holiday! My favorite dish to make are my coconut lime mahi-mahi tacos.
Here is my recipe for tacos-with a kick!
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tbsp coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 lb mahi mahi filets
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 firm-ripe avocado, mashed or sliced
- 1 lime, quartered (for garnish)
- Mix together the lime juice, coconut milk, cumin, honey, salt, pepper, & lime zest in a medium bowl.
- Place the mahi mahi into the bowl & cover with mixture. Let sit for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- When mahi mahi is marinated, remove from the refrigerator & preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the pan with coconut oil and place marinated mahi mahi into the pan and directly into the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is white & nontransparent in color.
- Place a filet on each corn tortillas and top with cabbage, cilantro, and avocados.
- Garnish with lime.