Fruit roll ups were always my favorite snack as a child, growing up. I loved unraveling them and eating them little by little. However, nowadays, I do not enjoy them so much, having looked at the nutritional info. SUGAR! Nothing, but SUGAR!
Where was the real fruit? Absent, of course.
So, I decided to make my own recipe-a healthier version with nothing but the real fruit involved. The best part about it? It only takes one ingredient: the FRUIT! Using the natural sugar, this recipe is sure to be a tasty and fulfilling snack without the guilt. However, if you would like a sweeter fruit roll up, you can add 1/4 cup of Stevia to this recipe.
One Ingredient Strawberry Fruit Leather
- 4.5 cups of fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet pan with a 17 x 12 inch nonstick bakeware liner such as Silpat.
- Blend strawberries in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared pan; using a spatula to smooth it out onto the surface
- Bake for 7.5 hours.
- Peel and enjoy!