Are you a fan of superhero comics?
Here is a fun little mini workout giving Spiderman & Superman a run for their money!
See which superhero moves you like the best!
- Lie face down on your stomach with arms and legs extended. Keep your neck in a neutral position.
- Keeping your arms and legs straight (but not locked) and torso stationary, simultaneously lift your arms and legs up toward the ceiling to form an elongated “u” shape with your body — back arches and arms and legs lift several inches off the floor.
- Hold for two to five seconds and lower back down to complete one.
The Alternating Superman
- Lie face down on a mat with your arms stretched above your head (like superman)
- Raise your right arm and left leg about 5-6 inches off the ground (or as far as you comfortably can).
- Hold for 3 seconds and relax.
- Repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
- Start in the standard push up position, with your hands under your shoulders and your body in a straight line
- As you lower your torso towards the floor, bend your elbows out to the side.
- At the same time, lift one foot off the floor, bend the knee to the side up to hip level.
- As you bend your elbows out to the side and lower your torso toward the floor,
- Repeat this action, alternating side
- Begin in a full (not elbow) plank position.
- Move one knee forward and to the outside of the elbow, shifting your weight forward while staying very low to the ground.
- Continue pulling yourself forward, aiming to place your forward foot right by your hands