Diet is the most important thing-no denying that. However, if you change some of your other habits, in addition, it can help you set yourself up for success!
Here are my favorite tips to losing weight that do not involve dieting:
1. Drink more H20. You should aim to drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water. Let's say that you weigh 120lbs. You should aim for at least 60 oz. of water daily or more! In order to drink more water, try setting yourself on a schedule! There are water bottles out there with times on them by which you should've drank a certain amount of water at that point. You can also DIY this by using a reusable water bottle and a sharpie marker.
2. Eat more, but smaller. Aim for 6 smaller meals per day, making two of those "meals" healthy snacks. I am sure you have heard thus a thousand times over, but it is for a good reason. Frequent snacking is the key to maintaining your weight or battling the buldge. Can't remember to snack? Make a schedule! I love this idea, below, from Back On Pointe. It is simple, yet effective!
3. Color your plate. Have you ever heard that you should eat all of the colors of the rainbow? It is no secret that sating a variety of colorful food provides vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to nourish your body that can’t be replicated in a supplement or multivitamin. Each color contains their own nutrients:
- Red: lycopene and anthocyanins
- Orange: vitamin C, carotenoids, and bioflavonoids
- Yellow: nutrients that promote good digestion and optimal brain function
- Green: lutein and indoles
- Blue/Purple: antioxidants and anti-aging properties
- White: nutrients that increase immunity
4. Go lift. According to a Penn State research study, women who lifted lost 40% more body fat than those who didn't. According to Women's Health, "Other research on dieters who don't lift shows that, on average, 75 percent of their weight loss is from fat, while 25 percent is from muscle. Muscle loss may drop your scale weight, but it doesn't improve your reflection in the mirror and it makes you more likely to gain back the flab you lost."
This will leave you skinny fat or skinny without muscle tone. The fact is, if you lift, you will burn more calories.
I lifted all throughout my pregnancy, as seen here at 26 weeks along. It helped me stay fit and motivated!
5. Walk daily after dinner. Making a habit of taking a daily stroll after dinner is a great idea. My husband and I have actually gotten into this habit after our son was born. We enjoy taking him out in his jogging stroller after eating a clean dinner. It helps us unwind, get fit, and spend a little time together.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!