adj. perk·i·er, perk·i·est
1. Buoyant and self-confident; briskly cheerful.
2. Jaunty and appealing; sprightly: a perky tune.
While some of us ladies want a bigger booty, there are some others of us who would rather add some perk instead.
Here are 3 moves that involve kicking to perk up or "lift" your buttocks without necessarily making it bigger.
1. Donkey Kicks
- Start on all fours, with your hands directly under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips.
- Keep your right knee at a 90-degree angle as you slowly raise your leg behind you until your thigh is almost parallel to the floor. Pulse your flexed foot toward the ceiling by squeezing your glutes. Your back should remain perfectly still in a neutral spine. The motion should be small and controlled with the muscle doing the work and not momentum.
- Return to start position to complete one rep.
2. Lunge Kicks
- Keeping your abs tight, step back with your right foot and lower into a reverse lunge.
- Squeeze your glutes as you push down through your left heel and kick your right leg in front of you as you straighten your left leg. That's one rep.
- Repeat with other leg.
3. Butt Kicks
- Keep your knees close together. Keep your torso upright. Do not lean forward. Quickly shift your weight to your right foot, bend your left knee and touch your left heel to your glutes, or as close as you can get. Lower your leg back down.
- Shift your weight to your left foot, bend your right knee and touch your right heel to your glutes, or as close as you can get. Lower your leg back down.
- Repeat this movement quickly, either moving forward slowly or standing still. Move your arms back and forth as with normal running.
Want to build a better body in just 12 weeks? Check out my Fit Mommy Workout Bundle!
Bundle & Save BIG!
In this bundle, you will receive:
-Butt & Thigh Blaster 4 Week Home Workout Program
-Armed & Fabulous 4 Week Home Program
-Ab & Core Attach 4 Week Home Program
-Eat Clean, Get Lean 4 Week Meal Plan
All programs are bodyweight exercises only-NO GYM REQUIRED! You can simply do these at home within the comfort of your own home.
Features 4 weeks of high-resolution step-by-step pictures and an exercise directory.
*The Armed & Fabulous program does require one set of dumbbells only.
Jumpstart your weightloss with this 4 week clean eating meal plan! With over 60 easy-to-make recipes, you are sure to enjoy the world of clean eating while losing those few extra pounds.
"Can I do all 3 workout programs together?" Absolutely! You can actually alternate them and do your butt program one day, arms the next, and then abs. Then start over!