Barbell Squats-3 sets of 12 reps
- Hold on to the bar using both arms at each side.
- Position your legs using a shoulder-width medium stance with the toes slightly pointed out. Keep your head up at all times and maintain a straight back.
- Begin to slowly lower the bar by bending the knees and sitting back with your hips as you maintain a straight posture with the head up. Continue down until your hamstrings are on your calves.
- Begin to raise the bar as you exhale by pushing the floor with the heel or middle of your foot as you straighten the legs and extend the hips to go back to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Glute Bridges-3 sets of 12 reps
- Lie face up on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Raise your hips so your body forms as straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in the up position, then lower your body back to the starting position.
Stability Ball Leg Curls-3 sets of 12 reps
- Lie supine on floor with lower legs on exercise ball. Extended arms out to sides. Straighten low back, knees, and hips, raising back and hips off of floor.
- Keeping hips and low back straight, bend knees, pulling heels toward rear end. Allow feet to rollup on to ball. Lower to original position by straightening knees. Repeat.
Deadlifts-3 sets of 12 reps
- Begin standing with the bar close to your shins. Your feet should be directly under your hips with your feet turned out slightly. Grip the bar with a double overhand grip or hook grip, about shoulder width apart.
- Begin by driving through the floor through the front of your heels. As the bar travels upward, maintain a constant back angle. Flare your knees out to the side to help keep them out of the bar's path.
- After the bar crosses the knees, complete the lift by driving the hips into the bar until your hips and knees are extended.